Friday, April 29, 2016

DLB 15 A Continuation

The title of this blog entry was going to be "The Second Inception" however, the dream was not something that plunged deeper into my psyche similar to that of the film.

This dream was actually the one I had planned to follow up DLB 13 but never got around to writing even a draft, most likely due to lack of memory details or harsh self criticism when trying to flesh out the dream.

After a few years have passed it's even harder to recall much detail at all sadly but, for anyone left wanting of a possibly continuation of DLB 13, this is the best I can do.

These two dreams are possibly not related, however, it was the strongest to follow. So, without further ado here it is:

I'm viewing the beach of a craggy coast guarding a thick forest from a god's eye. The sky is gray and much of the features are covered in snow, it's winter. A figure begins to emerge out from the forest onto a rocky finger into the sea and is carefully approaching the cliffs edge as if to avoid detection from something.
Closest representation I could find.

I realize it's me, and upon realizing this, my view changes into 1st person. I'm gazing up into the sky.

The gray hazy mist of Winter is spread about the sea and land with bellowing clouds all across the horizon. I know something is coming. Something emerges from the clouds; an intergalactic fleet that appear to materialize into existence. A vast array of ships varying sizes and designs and all appearing of an apparent military. I know they're not friendly.

For whatever reason, I tasked myself with observing them and drew out a specialized spyglass. Some were flying in formation, flanking the larger ships. As I gazed through my high-tech spyglass at the mass of vessels I was gripped with a sense of urgency and anxiousness. The formations of smaller ships began to break and seemed to be preparing for engagement. Within seconds of seeing this my spyglass spotted several cloaked vessels and three had just broken off and were heading directly at me! I sprinted for the woods making quick and solid efforts to ascend massive boulders and nimbly skip across the craggy outcrops. After the first craft was less than 100 yards they erupted as flashes of cloudy purple beams impacted their hulls. Just my luck! Two were intercepted and brought down by swooping incoming craft of an opposing force and a dogfight ensued which allowed my escape.

My viewing again changed to the 3rd person to view the opposing fleet that had broken through the mists near the mountains and a serious airborne conflict was already underway. The two of crafts, including the one that was nearest upon me, had suffered small explosions after taking fire and were struggling to keep airborne. One eventually plunged into the ocean while the one that was closest, and had fired at me, impacted into the forest. The ship that managed to avoid immediate fire from the opposing vessels attempted to leave the dogfight to regroup with it's fleet drawing my apparent allies with it.
My viewpoint was re-engaged to the first-person like a cut-scene to the main protagonist. I was running through the woods, over logs and boulders. I was wearing, what appeared to be, black carbon fiber that was plated over a black leather pelted suit. Technological yet organic. As I ran my senses picked something up. I came to a halt in a small opening. I knew something would be coming for me from the craft that had impacted into the forest I just didn't know they would find me so soon.

Six figures uncloaked around me and stood with weapons ready. They were all armed with what I can only assume were rifles and were masked by their helms. Their armor was sky blue and white and the colors wrapped and coiled and oscillated with varying transparencies. I was corralled and instinctively backed up only to have my backside against the cliff of a tall outcropping of black boulders. I stood there ready to meet my end.

As I took my last step towards the rock face behind me one of the soldiers stepped forward from my right. He came up to me and removed his visor. The face of the man that appeared before me bared a resemblance to Tom Cruise but, his role was not hero. They were here to capture me but, before he could say a word we all detected the presence of another.

In a matter of seconds all took defensive postures. Tom pointed his rifle at me and at that exact moment he was forcibly spun and thrust to the ground by the impact of a single shot. I took a second to glance up to where the shot came from and there she stood boldly at the top of the cliff with steam rising from the rifle she carried.

She crouched and rolled back with an urgency to avoid gunfire. The short battle allowed for my escape and I took flight with covering fire to prevent their movement. As I ran I caught glimpse of another enemy ship de-cloaking as it swooped in to possibly recover the team of soldiers sent to capture me. I kept running.

And that, is where I lose the rest... Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment