Monday, August 1, 2011

Dreamscape (2009)

So I did a search and I am not sure if I overlooked other threads similar to this but I could not find one that really seemed to match it so I am going to go ahead and start this.

Has anyone here experienced the effects of a dream after they wake up? I am sure there must be many who have but to give an example I would like to briefly share a dream I had.

I dreamed I was still in the military and had cross-trained into some sort of special ops. carrier field in the Air Force. From what I took in from my surroundings and the information from my dream I gathered that I was stationed at a base in either Arizona or New Mexico for reason's unknown. I was under some sort of distress and very angry/depressed and was about to go execute high ranking members in the office area near my quarters. After grabbing my weapon (don't remember what it was) a flash of light caught my eye in the distance, it was a nuclear bomb detonation. I spoke some words like, "I'm ready for this." or something, immediately followed by the loudest... well, BOOM I have ever heard. I was killed and Immediately awoke from my sleep. When I did I realized that my ears needed to be popped from unexplained pressure. Creepy isn't it?

Later that day and at work I asked around if there had been any detonations or explosions around the base (McGuire AFB, NJ) and to my shock there was none. Shocking because it was perhaps the loudest explosion I had ever heard with the only explosive boom rivaling it when I was in Baghdad and they were destroying ordnance. It really struck me for I have never, not even that day, thought of scenes or talked about atomic bombs going off and it seems as if it would have been the farthest thing from my mind.

Does it mean anything, or is it just one of those strange things your body will react to?

No comments:

Post a Comment