Friday, October 12, 2012

The Real Traveling Pants

How is it you were left behind?

I honestly don’t remember. I had been there for some time and shuffled around much until you pulled me out of that bag and set me aside.

Where was this?

From my understanding it was Estonia.

Do you have feelings or emotions? Just curious after the way you said your last answer.

No. I’m a pair of pants. I’m simply an observer.

How do you observe? You obviously don’t have eyes; I’m shocked we’re even able to communicate.

Your allowed perception of me has made it possible for us to communicate. I observe through the energies and vibrations and the produced collective consciousness. When you break it all down you and I are one in the same. Previous meddlers in this area would have called our discourse ‘magic’ or ‘witchcraft’. I suppose you might understand that I am simply a projection that you have decided to manifest as this particular pair of jeans when I could just as easily be that coffee table over there.

What an in-depth answer.

Hardly.

Ok let’s move on then.

Did you enjoy your time traveling with me?

I don’t have these sort of feelings.

Ok. How about… Was the experience, of your time spent with me… Oh I see we’re just going to have to keep this portion about myself.

Well it already is about you. I am your projection.

Right. Was your addition to my life beneficial to me?

Yes.

Why?

Simple, you had something to wear on your legs offering mild protection and warmth. I even encouraged you to do things that had you been wearing other articles you may have been less obliged to attempt.

I suppose that explains a couple of nice holes you have in you and how lovingly warn you've become.

Lovingly? Well I understand the expression so I’m not going to explain. Yes, these holes were as you would call, “a team effort”.

What was the event in which caused those particular holes?

We acquired these holes while crossing over a wrought-iron security gate that was barring you from entering an underground portion of an Italian castle. You didn't express enough care in placing your leg over the pointed spades.

Let’s go over a few more features. What about that bit of faded paint there?

We managed to accumulate several of these spots while painting the interior of a new hostel for the partner of your previous boss in Estonia.

And that wear, where the fibers are splitting?

Wear is accumulated with time. I assume you are referring to the times, in which, most stress was applied to those areas. Mostly due to your labors in Estonia and Germany and from the many miles we walked across Europe. My condition would surprise most considering the details of what we went through.

Why are the legging ends so chewed? Why did I have to cut them?

You did not have to but for the sake of ease you cut the hanging portion of. As for why they are so “chewed” is because of exposure to the elements. Mostly damage occurring during winter.

How about that final opening on the knee?

This occurred when we took a tumble from your cousin’s all-terrain motorcycle. We collided with the soil and possibly a rock or root which damaged us both.

You will be joining me on my next adventure. Do you expect your material form will last and function until the end?

It’s highly plausible that I would though nothing is for certain.

Thank you for this dialogue Jeans.

Your gratitude, in manor of a metaphysical way, is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment