Saturday, July 30, 2011

Omikuji

Dear friends,

Some of you may already know that I have decided not to return to Japan, but instead have decided to travel Asia and maybe Europe. I have really met some amazing, wonderful and beautiful people along my adventure in Japan and it deeply saddens me that I will not soon see many of you again. Tearful when I read this poem again and thinking of the many great memories I will forever keep in store from Japan. This is an Omikuji or poem-draw written by either the Emperor Meiji or Empress Shoken, regardless the words have spoken in volume and come to mean much to me:

Though you should fall behind
Your traveling companions,
Never turn your steps aside
From the rightful path.

I never bought any souvenirs because it would simply mean more weight for my pack but on of my hosts, Satoshi Takushige thought I should leave the temple we visited with a small momento. From the pavilion he purchased the both of us the opportunity to select an Omikuji at random from some sort of wooden box. You pull out some sort of wooden stick similar to that of a chopstick which determines your Omikuji.

...It is hoped that the poem's message will have particular meaning for you.
And indeed it did. I share this with you now what I have not shared with anyone before. You all played your special part in my journey. You all made my trip in Japan enjoyable and possible, and for this, from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

A few special thanks to:
Satoshi Tokushige- for opening up not only his home but his heart and giving me the opportunity to find great meaning.
Sayuri Rodan- who not only opened up her fantastic home but also her heart and mind. She and her family were prepared to accept me with open arms and she was even prepared to make sacrifices to help me in my path. I apologize though that I will be putting off monk-hood until I make a firm decision about where I want to be.
Toshi Mochan- or Mochan Toshi, this is a man with a heart of gold! Truly someone full of compassion for his fellow man, eager to share the small joys of the world with all those he meets! He runs Wishclub and I wish him and his business endeavor all the best! He's not about the money, but I hope he makes all the riches in the world to help out such a unique and special club that allows human beings from all over the world to connect on a significant level!
Digo Di V. G.- my longest stay in all of my couch surfing shenanigans. This man opened his home to me whenever I needed a place to rest my head. He is forever one my friends, one of my best friends! He and Sebastion, I will never forget these great guys!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU! And if there was anyone who I might have missed please add yourself! I hope I got everyone!

You are all beautiful lovely people and whatever you do, where ever you find yourself, may it be with love and wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment